- Released new single "Won`t Live Here" on Soundcloud February 25, 2016
- The April 15, 2016 show at the Mod Club sold out in less than five days
- Released “Pilgrim’s Paradise” EP in November 2015
- Named one of Spotify’s 16 artists to watch in 2016
- Previous EP release, “Praise Break”, listed #1 project of 2014 by Noisey
The world has come to understand R&B/Soul music as a multi-faceted genre that transcends soundwaves into the inner core of our existence — a genre that makes listeners feel, rather than just hear. For 21-year-old Toronto native Daniel Caesar, the R&B/Soul genre serves as a skeleton to which he builds up with jarring gospel undertones, heart-tugging guitar chords, and soothing harmonious vocals.
His debut effort, Praise Break, successfully captured the attention of many major publications and outlets, and was ranked in the 20 Best R&B Albums of 2014 by Rolling Stone Magazine. Caesar's follow-up project, Pilgrim's Paradise, was met with even greater praise, subsequently capturing the attention of both the Canadian and international music markets.
Conveying moody anecdotes about life's most pertinent lessons - love, loss, faith, desire and determination, Caesar tells a coming-of-age tale that is not only relatable, but genuine. With raw talent and an unwavering mystic, layer by layer, Daniel Caesar is writing a melodic story rooted in his authentic self — a story that has only just begun.