- New EP coming out in May 2021
- The first single “Keeping Me Alive” has garnered over 10 million streams.
- The video for “Keeping Me Alive” (acoustic) is over 50 Million views on Youtube and is being adopted as an anthem of resilience and determination.
- “Lost” is the current single of the upcoming EP “My Lullaby”. The song comes from a personal experience and speaks of mental health support. The song is already over a million streams in a very short period of time.
- “Breathe Me” from Sia was a song that Jonathan covered a few months. After shooting a rehearsal, it was decided that we would put it out. His version struck a nerve and now is well over a million views on Youtube.
- In the last 12 months Jonathan’s Youtube subscribers has grown to over 260k.
- Jonathan Roy has now accumulated a series of song that has connected with his fanbase in Canada and lots more joining in from around the globe. “You’re My Ace”, Daniella Denmark and ‘Good things” are blending in nicely with all these new songs and direction.
Jonathan Roy knows something about drawing inspiration from all the things that surround him. The universal, the unique, and sometimes the downright random – manifests itself within his process, and gathering from his myriad travels and connections – he has created something that is both familial and engaging. His new tunes are a stunning collection of songs that traverse borders and genres. "It took me leaving my comfort zone, buying (and living) in a van to find myself again" he laughs. "My songs reflect that – and reflect that recharge that I needed. Not only in my artistic life, but in my personal life as well." It was then that he decided to take a chance and left his home province of Quebec for the sunny shores of Malibu, California. The beach provided solace, a new outlet, and new innovative partners with whom he began writing songs. His new single "Keeping Me Alive" was the first song he wrote with his new collaborators, Brian Howes (Mother Mother / Boys Like Girls) and Jay Van Poederooyen (Faber Drive / Airbourne), and it sums up his restorative experience perfectly. The honesty, the propelling beat – all confirm that Roy is now in a state where he is constantly pushing himself forward and trying to better his craft. It showcases his strength as a solo artist and how far he's grown in his musical career. "I would say that this entire experience has cemented my faith in music. The healing power of it, and the need for me to do this my entire life. There is nothing else I want more." Back home in Canada, Roy is gearing up for the release of his new music, and excitement that comes with it. "I can't wait to hear what my fans think of the transformation, and I can't wait to meet the new folks that will be drawn in by the music and the message," he says. With his unquestionable talent, and incredible showmanship – he has gained the attention of music lovers and the music industry alike. With "Keeping Me Alive" he continues to build upon all that buzz. "For me, I like a challenge and pushing myself out of my comfort zone and exploring new areas," he says. "I think what I've created here is 100% true to me and absolutely something I can't wait to share with the world." Roy has revealed himself musically, so what will his fans and music lovers think of his new vibe?