- Number 1# hit / GOLD single “Chills” - the first 1# single from a debut album in the history of Canadian country music!
- Four consecutive Top 10# Singles (“It’s Working”, “Chills”, “Just Sayin’”, “Lawn Chair Lazy"), and 3 consecutive #1 videos on CMT Chevy Top 20 Countdown.
- “Lawn Chair Lazy” (GOLD) is the highest debuting Canadian country single of all time. (3#) and over 2 million streams on Spotify.
- “Game On” EP release has over 9 Million+ streams including the 1# Streamed Song of the year by a Canadian Country Artist “Chills”.
- “Just Sayin” has over 2 Million+ streams on Spotify.
- Winner of 2017 Best New Country Group at Radio Music Awards / Winner of 2017 CMA Ontario Fan’s Choice Award
- Named one of Buzzfeed’s “Top 17 Artists To Watch in 2017” and The Boot’s “ Top 10 New Country Artists to Watch in 2017”.
- Has toured with Tim Hicks, Dean Brody, and Keith Urban.
- Performed at Dauphin Countryfest, Country Thunder, Craven Jamboree, and Trackside Music Festival in 2017.
- Winner of 2018 CCMA Top Selling Canadian Single of the Year and Single of the Year for “Chills”
- Nominated for 2018 CCMA Apple Music Fans’ Choice Award, Group or Duo of the Year, and Single of the Year
- Winners of 2018 JUNO Awards ‘Country Album of the Year’ for Game On
- Winner of Nielsen Compass Award at the 2018 CMA Ontario Awards
- Winners of Album of the Year for “Game On” AND Single of the Year for “Chills” at the 2018 CMA Ontario Awards!
With over 105-million total global streams, the James Barker Band have taken the country music scene by storm. Formed in 2013, the founding members of this award-winning band (James Barker, Taylor Abram, Bobby Martin, and Connor Stephen) continue to break records one release at a time.
JBB first burst onto the scene when they won the Ontario-based Boots and Hearts Emerging Artist Showcase in 2015 and were signed to Universal Music Canada. In addition to their first six singles all achieving gold certification and top-10 in Canada, JBB has had the most spun song by a Canadian artist on Canadian country radio in 2017 ("Chills"), 2018 ("Good Together") and 2019 to date ("Keep it Simple"). Their debut "Game On" EP was awarded "Country Album of the Year" at the 2018 Canadian JUNO awards.
Their first #1 Canadian country radio hit "Chills" also reached #46 on the US Country radio airplay chart in 2018, the first time for a Canadian Country artist not signed to a domestic label to do so. This record-breaking single achieved platinum certification and was also awarded "Single of the Year" and "Best Selling Canadian Single" at the 2018 Canadian Country Music Association (CCMA) Awards. It was also the most streamed domestic country single in Canada in 2017.
In addition to their single "Good Together" being the most spun Canadian country music song in 2018, this single was featured on Spotify's "Hot Country" (the world's biggest country playlist) – capturing over 20-million streams and counting on Spotify alone. In the fall of 2018, JBB was selected by Spotify Canada to be their first ever Canadian-signed artist in any genre to be chosen to record a Spotify Single Session.
In January 2019, JBB released their hit single "Keep It Simple", their second #1 at Canadian country radio. With over 18-million global streams to date, this was JBB's quickest single to achieved gold certification (less than 6 months). JBB was also honored in the spring of 2019 with being the first Canadian act ever to be a featured artist on the prestigious sought-after cover of Spotify's "Hot Country".
The James Barker Band released their second EP "Singles Only" in May of 2019 which includes their current summer hit single "There's a Drink for That" – the fastest JBB single yet to hit the 2-million total global streams mark (took 4 weeks).
They are excited about their busy 2019 festival and concert schedule which already included performing at the C2C festivals in both London, England and Berlin, Germany, and the CMA Fest in Nashville.