- “Found” (Co-written by Clayton Bellamy of The Road Hammers) became the #1 charting indie artist in Canada.
- “Found” reached #22 on the charts and was the 8th highest charting Canadian song in the country.
- Found also went to #57 (so far) on the Shazam charts across all formats
- Hit #18 on the iTunes sales charts.
- Formerly fronted the successful indie rock band Tupelo Honey who had several top 40 songs, videos as high as #3 on Much, iTunes chart numbers, and tours with bands like Bon Jovi all over north America
- Produced by multiple gold selling producer Jeff Dalziel (Washboard Union, Thornley, Brett Kissel, Alyssa Reid, PRTY H3RO, Alee, etc.)
- Signed a publishing deal with Toronto boutique firm “Red Brick Songs”
- Written with grammy winners, Steven Tyler’s band, Driver Williams (Eric Church’s guitar player), Ian Thornley, Shiloh etc. and has had several major song placements
- Shows with artists like George Canyon, Beverly Mahood, John Pardi, Washboard Union, JJ Shiplett, and many more
- One of the main anthem singers for the Edmonton Oilers last year
Alberta's newest up and coming country sensation Dan Davidson exploded onto the Canadian country scene in 2016 with the release of his second single "Found" (Co-written by Clayton Bellamy of The Road Hammers). Dan became arguably the indie story of 2016 as his single "Found" rocketed up the charts and he became the #1 charting indie artist in Canada.
"Found" was the #1 selling Canadian country song in Canada for several weeks in July and August 2016. It had also #16 on the charts and was the 8th highest charting Canadian song in the country. The hit single also went top 50 on the Shazam charts across all formats and hit #15 on the iTunes sales charts.
The future is bright for Davidson. In only 2 years of being involved in the country music scene, his name can be seen on the charts next to some of the top artists in North America – and he has found a way to do it 100% independently. Dan is new to the country scene, but is far from "green" in the music industry. He spent 10 years playing in the well-known Canadian indie rock band Tupelo Honey (who had several top 40 hits, top selling iTunes records and toured with bands like Bon Jovi). On the advice of a couple of long time friends (who happen to be top selling Canadian country artists), Dan decided to start focusing on his new country project.
Dan's sound came together as he started writing and working on music with Toronto producer Jeff Dalziel (Washboard Union, Andrew Hyatt, Autumn Hill, Brett Kissel) and the two spent the better part of a year developing an EP that's characteristic of Dan's love of "good time" music.
You can catch Dan sharing the stage in 2016/2017 with artists like John Pardi, Brett Kissel, The Washboard Union, Kira Isabella, Beverly Mahood, George Canyon and many more!