- Host of new Youtube Live Talk Show and new podcast, Myles From Home.
- Host of weekly CKUA radio show, Myles From Home.
- Host TEDEX
- Host of ECMA Awards Show (2010)
- Published Children’s book “Santa Never Brings Me A Banjo” (2018)
- Fluently bilingual
- Social Media followers: 72,486
- Streams: 8,603,467
- Video Views: 2,412,692
- David Myles, as host and performer was one of the finest choices I made during my tenure as Executive Director of the East Coast Music Association.
David was able to perfectly galvanize a crowd (ranging from events anywhere
from 50 to 1550+ people) with the perfect mixture of gravitas, charm, humour
and remarkable talent. With the ability to establish a warm yet exciting
atmosphere for any auditorium and from any stage, I turned to David for a
variety of events over multiple industry and public events and he delivered
well beyond expectation.
ECMA Executive Director from 2009 – 2011
- No words will do justice to express the pleasure it was to have you be part of our event. You ease and authenticity are refreshing and a wonderful fit with TEDx. You elevated our platform greatly and we’re extremely grateful.
- 6 x winner of ECMAs
- Winner of SOCAN #1 Award
- Winner JUNO 2013
- Winner Indie Music Awards 2013
- Winner MMVAs 2013
- 10 x winner Nova Scotia Awards
- Co - wrote "Inner Ninja" with rapper/producer with Classified which went on to be the best selling rap single in Canadian history, being certified quadruple platinum
- Winner CAPACOA Award for Touring Artist of the Year 2013/14
- Winner Great American Song Contest 2009
- Winner International Songwriting Competition, Folk Category – "When It Comes My Turn"
- Winner Chris Austin (Merlefest) Songwriting Contest , Folk Category – "When It Comes My Turn"
- Winner International Acoustic Music Awards Folk/Americana/Roots Category – "Need A Break"
Award-winning and critically acclaimed Canadian singer-songwriter David Myles might be an undercover musicologist. Within his eclectic artistic continuum, he's reverentially explored jazz, blues, pop, holiday music, French pop, rockabilly, country, folk, gospel, and even hip-hop. The through line in his 12-album oeuvre has been strong song craft—no matter what genre, David has never sacrificed substance for style.
After the painful blow of his father's sudden passing, David struggled with the push and pull of being a successful musician while being a present and loving husband and father. His focus shifted from free-spirited musical travels to looking inward to the core of his own artistry. The resulting long player is the cozy acoustic, Leave Tonight, his most personal offering to date.