- BC’s representative at the International Blue Challenge in Memphis TN.
- Sophomore album, ‘Red Bird’ nominated for 2015 Western Canadian Music Award for Best Blues Recording.
- A 2015 BC Peak Performance Project Finalist.
- Secured sync placements with CN Rail, Saloman Skis, Upslope Brewery.
- Played direct support to Keith Urban, Lee Brice, Colin James, Spirit of the West, Tower of Power, Booker T Jones, Chilliwack, Beth Hart, Current Swell and more.
- Performed at Pemberton 2016 (cap 45,000) Sunfest (cap 20,000), Rock the Shores (cap 15,000), Rifflandia (cap 10,000), Tall Tree Festival, Burnaby Roots and Blues, Kelowna Canada Day, VIC Fest, North Country Fair, Up+Downtown Festival and many more.
- Good for 2000 tickets on Vancouver Island.
- Over a million streams on Spotify
- Over 500,000 Youtube Views
Victoria BC's Jesse Roper is magnetic. With an explosive live show, the genuine quality and charisma of his versatile blues sound rooted in soul, rock and country is as approachable as his charm. Quickly gaining momentum, the wheels on Jesse's faithful van keep turning, chronicling a year of extensive touring and success of becoming a major festival draw.
Since Jesse Roper's sold out Red Bird album release show in January 2015, Jesse has had a surge of momentum propelling his career forward at a huge rate. This past summer, Jesse was a major festival draw directly supporting artists such as Keith Urban, Lee Brice and Tower of Power at festivals such as Sunfest and Rock the Shores, both with 20,000 person capacity. Earlier in the spring, after touring throughout BC and Alberta, Jesse played direct support for Colin James and Spirit of the West and headed to Kansas City for Folk Alliance International 2015. While also doing extremely well supporting older rock bands like ZZ Top, Steve Earle and Big Wreck. Jesse's talent and accompany performance has the ability to cross genre's, making him an unstoppable presence. Jesse Roper also successfully competed in White Rock's Blues Society Challenge, winning the opportunity to compete in Memphis at the 2016 International Blues Competition.
2017 is set up to be another busy year for Roper and his band mates. Having just finished recording at Vancouver's famous Warehouse Studio with UK producer Ian Davenport. The new album, "Across Infinity", gives a modern treatment to the blues a la Jack White and The Black Keys. Due out spring 2017, expect to see Jesse performing at venues and festivals countrywide.
The nostalgic may appreciate his throw-back vibe akin to Stevie Ray Vaughan and vintage Texas blues, however, Jesse Roper's music remains current, the organic rawness of his vocals and guitar over shadowing any preconceived stereotypes made of blues musicians. His youthful energy captivates audiences while his knock out live performance blows them away.
Jesse Roper received a Western Canadian Music Award nomination for Best Blue's Recording and was invited to play at the 2015 Gala Awards alongside Tanya Tagaq, Harpoonist and the Axe Murderer and hosted by Grant Lawrence. No stranger to the world of licencing, Jesse has received placements ad campaigns by CN Rail, Upslope Brewery and Salomon Skis.
Jesse's passion captivates his audience, while his knock out live performance blows them away. Incapable of holding back, Jesse always delivers the show of his life.