- 30 million albums sold world wide
- 28 million views on YouTube
- Nominated for 11 Juno Awards
- Awarded Canadian Music Hall of Fame, Juno Awards (2010)
- 11 x Certified Gold Albums in Canada
- 7 x Certified Platinum Albums in Canada
- 3 x Certified Multi-Platinum Albums in Canada
- Dr. Helen Creighton Lifetime Achievement Award (Miles Goodwyn), East Coast Music Association
- East Coast Music Hall of Fame, East Coast Music Association
- Lifetime Achievement Award, Canadian Music Week
It all began in Nova Scotia late in 1969. The Henman brothers, David and Ritchie, got together with their cousin Jim Henman and fellow musician Myles Goodwyn to form a band called April Wine, a name chosen simply because they were two words that sounded good together. Fifteen studio albums, three live releases, numerous compilations, a boxed set and thousands of concerts later April Wine has become enormously popular in Canada, the United States and throughout the world.
The band's second album featured the phenomenal hit You Could Have Been a Lady and was its first #1 hit in Canada. The group's ninth studio album, The Nature of the Beast, went double platinum in Canada and became April Wine's greatest success featuring the single Just Between You and Me. In March 2009, April Wine was inducted into the Canadian Music Industry Hall of Fame during Canadian Music Week in Toronto. They also received The Lifetime Achievement Award for being part of Canadian Music History for 40 years. In April 2010, at the Juno Awards, April Wine was inducted in to the Canadian Music Hall of Fame.