- 15th studio album, "Grateful", released on January 15, 2016
- Released video for acoustic version of "Heavy Head" featuring Brett Emmons from The Glorious Sons on December 11, 2015
- Released video for "No Pressure" featuring Dave Sampson on December 1, 2015
- 5x MuchMusic Video Award winner, 17x MuchMusic Video Award nominee
- 2x Juno Award winner, 7x Juno Award nominee, 1x Juno Award host (2014)
- "Inner Ninja" and "Classified" were nominated for multiple East Coast Music Awards - 2014
- "Higher"certified gold digital download in February 2015
- Self titled "Classified" certified gold March 2014
- "3 Foot Tall" certified platinum digital download in January 2014
- "Inner Ninja" certified quadruple platinum digital download in July 2013
Juno Award-winner and hit-maker, Classified, also known as Luke Boyd, has long been making waves at home and abroad with his trademark style and sound. With each release, the rapper-producer elevates his game sharpening word play, experimenting with new sounds, and perfecting his flow. Now, Classified bring all to bear for his 15th studio album "Greatful", available January 15, 2016 via Half Life Records/Universal Music Canada, the country's leading music company.
Riding off the Gold-certified success of his career defining 2013 self-titled album, "Greatful" sees a revitalized Classified going back to hip-hop's roots with the street track "Filthy", featuring hip-hop pioneer DJ Premier. The track and video harken back to early ‘90s cypher hip-hop in Brooklyn with sharp, witty wordplay over a simplified, catchy beat. "Filthy" is one of the hungriest tracks of Classified's career, with the rapper settling into his niche of conscious lyrics followed with a sing-along chorus.
From classic vibes to modern day anthems, the lead single "No Pressure" is a guaranteed smash in the vein of 2013's five time platinum-selling single "Inner Ninja". Teaming up with rap icon Snoop Dogg, Classified has created a feel-good anthem that details a wild night out and the consequences that come with it. Snoop brings his expected charisma and mellow flow to the table, working in sync with the Canadian MC's own.
The secret to Classified's success has always been his inherent ability to break down the barrier between the performer and the man. A dedicated family man, Classified's charisma and approachability extends to both his on-stage and off-stage personas that engage even the most discerning hip-hop fans and critics alike. The album "Greatful", is the east coast MC's homage to his most dedicated fans who have supported him for over a decade.