- Music produced and co-written by Brian Howes (Simple Plan, Hedley, Boys Like Girls & more)
- Debut single Life’s What You Make It peaked #17 on Hot AC / #21 on AC / #26 on CHR (top40) in Canada
- Second single Inside Out was #1 Most Downloaded song & #1 Most Active Independent artist, 1st week on DMDS
- Winners of the Bell Media’s “Future Star” and Corus Radio “Next Big Thing” radio features for October 2015
- Winners of the Unsigned Only 2015 Competition - Pop / Top 40 category (worldwide contest from 7,000 applicants)
- Inside Out won as a Finalist in the International Songwriting Competition 2016 (from over 18,500+ songs)
- Management by Chief Music Management (Florida Georgia Line, Dallas Smith, Joey Moi, Chris Lane)
- Life’s What You Make It music video debuted Nov, 2015 on Much Music. Dir: Ben Knechtel (JUNO & MMVA winner)
- CANCON Pop / Alt Band
The New Electric, based out of Calgary, Alberta have laid their foundation to become the next big name in Pop / Alt. Since forming in 2014, the band has worked with Kevin ‘Chief' Zaruk and Jeff Ojeda (of Chief Music Management: Florida Georgia Line, Dallas Smith, Head of the Herd) to put together an undeniable fresh new sound. In the Summer of 2014, The New Electric got together with world-renowned producer Brian Howes (Hedley, Simple Plan, Boys Like Girls) to record their debut EP in sunny Los Angeles. Their breakthrough, catchy sound is sonically inspired by: Maroon 5, One Republic and Imagine Dragons.
The New Electric's debut single, Life's What You Make It, caught the attention of Corus Radio's "Next Big Thing" and Bell Media's "Future Star" features for the month of October, 2015. This helped propel the song on Canadian Hot AC, Top 40, and Main AC radio, garnering impressive Chart positions: #17 on Hot AC, #26 on CHR (Top 40), and #21 on Main AC. To follow their success at radio, The New Electric debuted their new music video on Much Music (M3 & Much Loud). Their follow up single, Inside Out, was released as a Valentine's Day gift to their fans, on February 14th, and is now being serviced to Canadian pop radio.
Their melodically infused hooks are bound to grab your attention and inspire a new direction in the digital age of music. If you don't already, follow The New Electric on their exciting new ventures in 2016!