- Over 10 Million global streams.
- Juno Winner for Rock Album of the Year 2021.
- Single "Mercy" #1 for three weeks atop the Alternative Rock Radio Chart.
- Single "Best Boy" #1 for four weeks atop the Rock Big Picture Chat.
- Single "The Rush" #1 for twenty one weeks atop the Rock Big Picture Chat.
- Single "The Rush" was the most played song at rock radio in 2020.
- First female artist and first debut single to hold the #1 position on all three rock charts concurrently in Canada.
- First ever Canadian artist to hold #1 on all three rock charts for 8 weeks.
- "The Rush" spent 21 weeks atop the Rock Big Picture chart & 8 weeks at #1. consecutively on Active Rock, Alternative Rock and Rock Big Picture.
JJ Wilde has made waves globally over the last year. Her debut album Ruthless released in June chronicles the fast-rising career of one of rock's most exciting new voices. The Canadian native of Kitchener, Ontario, Wilde has gone from a fan-favourite underdog, touring alongside The Struts, Incubus, The Blue Stones, and The Glorious Sons, to a recent chart-topper. With her debut single "The Rush" Wilde made history as the first female artist to simultaneously hit #1 on all three Mediabase rock radio charts in Canada, ultimately holding the coveted triple #1 for an incredible 8 weeks, only one week shy of the all-time record.
"This album has felt like a long time coming, and no time at all," says Wilde of Ruthless. "Most of the inspiration for the album came from an apartment I lived in two years before I started this journey. I was in a dark place and was very unsure of where my life was going. Almost 4 years later, with countless shows, tours, travelling, writing sessions, I now feel like this album is the complete first draft of an inside look into my world. My journey to get here, relationships beginning and ending, friendships, jobs, you name it. It been a wild ride, and I'm excited to finally be able to share it."
Ruthless is full of fan and critical favourites, including the devastating ballad "Funeral For A Lover" ("profoundly moving" -American Songwriter), the soaring "State of Mind" ("soul-stirring anthem" -Ones to Watch), and the groovy "Cold Shoulder" (for fans of [The> Struts, Amy Winehouse and YONAKA … kicking ass and taking names" -Alt Press). Ruthless also features the aforementioned hit "The Rush," which shared the top ten with modern rock legends like The Killers, The Black Keys, and Billy Talent.
COVID-19 came at a pivotal moment for Wilde. With over 50 tour dates globally playing alongside the likes of Rival Sons and Jimmy Eat World, and festival confirmations including SXSW, Download, Firefly, Nova Rock and Bottle Rock Festivals cancelled, she has shifted focus to new music and connecting with her burgeoning audience online, including regular a "Coffee and a Cover" series and successful "Live from Isolation" performances.
Taking no breaks, the new single "Best Boy" is a cheeky, empowering anthem that expands upon the attitude, sonic landscape and themes found across her catalogue to date, continuing to cement her place as one of the most important, emergent voices in rock.